Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Brittany Murphy and another case of a wasted life


Normally, I really couldn't care less about some rich young actor or athlete who has no idea about how good they have it, and throws it all away by doing something stupid. This happens so often thats its not even news to me anymore. I'm not a fan of death, but some people are just so stupid, its hard for me to have sympathy OR empathy for what happens. In case you didn't read or hear, Brittany Murphy, a pretty and talented actress you've seen in 8 mile, clueless, and girl interrupted, died this am from an apparent heart attack at just 32 years old.

Now tell me--How does a young healthy woman basically drop dead without a warning sign? Just the way many music and movie icons have: Hard drug abuse. While nothing conclusive as far as the cause of her heart attack has been released yet, I think the writing is on the wall. I don't know anything about what has been going on with Brittany, or if she was facing any adversity currently, but what I do know is that she was an established actress with a known name, who has been involved in some big movies. I hate stereotypes, but everyone knows how the rich and famous party hard, and most of the time, that hard partying involves hard drugs. Was I really the only one ON EARTH that agreed with and listened to the "SAY NO TO DRUGS" seminars we used to go to when were were in 2nd grade? Am I the only one immune to peer pressure? Am I the only one who has seen so many people die or live these terrible lives because of these addictions? EVEN WORSE, if you were a MILLIONAIRE, wouldn't you find something a little more productive to do then snort coke? Or for that matter, make it rain at a strip club? Buy 20 cars? Bankroll a dogfighting ring? Buy a bunch of assault weapons? I don't know. Maybe I was just raised differently.

I don't want to go off on a ridiculous tangent, sounding like I'm hating on "the rich and famous". I do, however, wish that people would enjoy what they've been blessed with, and were more responsible with what they say or do, because these days, EVERYONE IS WATCHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment