Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Skillz "2009 Wrap Up"- (HAPPY NEW YEAR)

I was going to do a write up about the biggest stories of 2009 (to me, so octomom would not qualify), but there were so many (Obama, Healthcare, Lakers, Yankees, Iraq, swineflu, Bobby Bowden, the economy, Usain Bolt, smartphone battle, Drake, Tiger and many more) that I wouldn't have been satisfied with it without making it ridiculously long. That said, I can do a pretty good job recapping by just giving the mic to Virginia MC Skillz. Anyone who is a real hip hop fan knows about Skillz and his pen game, and the VA musicians he's affiliated with. I'm a lot more than a fan, much less a casual fan of Hip Hop, so I've known about him since he was "Mad" Skillz and dropped the "nod factor" in 1995 (I was in 7th grade). Long story short, he hasn't been embraced for his talents over his long career commerically, but he has kept himself relevant through ghostwriting for many huge names, and more recently his 6 years running "year wrap up." They are all very clever and creative, and usually touch on every subject, with more attention to the Hip Hop scene. This years is no exception: He covers almost everything I would have. so without futher ado, check out Skillz- 09 Wrap up, and Have a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment