Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SIGN OF THE TIMES: Full Body Scans to Debut in Canada

Where the hell have I been? Apparently, some airports have been using full body Xrays for over a year now! Now they are in LA and in Canada. That mark of the beast chip or bar codes on wrists don't seem so farfetched anymore. In the latest move by the "people in charge" being overbearing because of how many times they have messed up, when this gets to JFK or MIA, I promise there are going to be a lot of unhappy people. Why you ask? Because ever since our former president destroyed the twin towers (do some research), and we have been embroiled in this "war" with an unnamed opponent, the regular joes have been subjected to increasing searches, restrictions, lack of privacy, and overall hoops to jump through to do just about ANYTHING. Does it stop anything? Of course not. The other day a guy waltzed onto a plane with a bomb in his tighty whities! I understand people needing to feel safe, and the goverment trying to accomodate that need, but when they don't have something planned, they are always 10 steps behind. We really don't need to discourage people from flying any more than they are now, not in this economy. I really hope this doesn't blow up in our faces (no pun intended).

2 comments:

  1. When I went to Canada in June of last year, a full body scan was in use in the MIA airport.I was one of the "lucky" ones chosen to go through it. Im guessing they will be purchasing more of them now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Joann JUST told me about this the other day (apparently she saw it on the news somewhere) and I was BLOWN AWAY. Talk about feeling naked and INVADED. I agree with you 100% - your everyday "regular joes" as you called us are being subjected to all kinds of HARASSMENT because the government fails to do its job efficiently/effectively. I'm sure that the public response to this one will not be a forgettable one!

    ReplyDelete