Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

Really? Gucci Mane?!





According to DimeWars Gucci Mane (yes, Gucci Mane) is projected to top the rap charts this Wednesday. Is this how far rap has fallen? I'm definitely not one to "hate", but quality is quality, and this is NOT. To me, Gucci is relevent ONLY for these things: making barely comprehensible rap, having a diamond bart simpson piece (even though he's 30 something), toasting with cars, apparently shooting people for no reason, and, most puzzlingly, BEING ONE OF THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER RAPPERS IN THE COUNTRY?!? Why?!?

While I do agree I have a slight (read heavy sarcasm) "east coast rap" bias, this stuff is horrible. (I have friends that will argue this with me). The songs aren't good, his look is terrible, He's even OUT OF SHAPE! I suppose this is what we're going to be subjected to in this era of "RAP." There are too many AMAZING artists that are not selling records because of the climate (but that's a whole other post). Oh and by the way, Gucci will be coming in second on the overall charts to Chris Brown aka CBreezy aka Beat 'em up Brown (LOL).

No comments:

Post a Comment